When Synder integrates the payment processor with Xero accounting it creates a clearing bank account for temporary storage of synchronized transactions (same way as the payment processor holds the money for some time before paying them out to your bank). Auto-reconciliation feature allows to mark all the synchronized income and expense transactions in the clearing account as “reconciled” automatically, this will not affect your checking account reconciliation process (learn more about it in this guide).
To enable Synder to mark transactions as reconciled follow the steps below:
- Click the Gear icon in Synder to access Settings.
- On the General tab enable Auto-reconcile Xero transactions. You will see a warning that says the rollback feature is not available for reconciled transactions*.
- Click Update to save settings.
Where do I find reconciled transactions in Xero?
- Go to Bank Accounts tab in Xero and open the clearing account used by Synder (e.g. “Pin Payments Bank Account” or “Stripe Bank Account”).
- Go to Account Transactions and see all the transactions with “reconciled” status.
*Why doesn’t the rollback feature work for auto-reconciled transactions?
Xero has a restriction which doesn’t allow deletion of the transactions marked as reconciled. At the same time it doesn’t allow a third-party app to “unreconcile” a transaction, which means that rollback feature will not work for “reconciled” transactions.
In order to rollback (delete) synchronized data you would need to mark them all as “unreconciled” first. Unfortunately this cannot be done in bulk in Xero, so the only way to do so would be to go transaction by transaction.
Note: there is a quicker way to remove them from your Xero:
- Open Account Transactions tab for the clearing account in Xero.
- Select all the transactions you would like to delete and click Remove&Redo. This will delete transactions selected from your Xero in bulk in just several clicks. See the screenshot below. This will not delete all the customers and items created.
- Go to Synder and adjust fix the settings to make sure this time everything is recorded correctly.
- Select transactions in Synder and click Sync to record them to your Xero account again (no worries, even if the status is “synced’ in Synder you still can record selected transactions in your Xero).