In this guide you will learn how to connect your Ecwid store to Synder for data synchronization. Synder will see the transaction once the money goes into the payment gateway and from there it will go to your Ecwid to grab details about items, customer etc. Once you finish your settings, the app will start receiving your transactions and import data with all the details from Ecwid into QuickBooks or Xero.
To connect Ecwid to Synder follow these steps:
Install Synder app from Ecwid Appstore
1. Navigate to Ecwid
2. Click Apps on the left menu
3. Select Synder
Now your Ecwid is connected and you need only to connect all the payment gateways you are using in your store.
Step 2: Connect your accounting system
Select any accounting platform available and use your credentials to connect, it is all that is needed for connection. Grant the connection and you will be redirected back to the app.
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop
Step 3: Connect your payment platform
- Check what payment gateways you use in your Ecwid (you can find it in “Payment” left hand side tab in your store)
- Select from the Synder dropdown the payment platform needed and hit Connect.
- You will be redirected to your payment platform homepage where you will have to authorize Synder to process your transactions. After that you will be redirected back to the app.
Note: if you have several platforms connect them one after one.
Step 4: Setup the integration
You can select between Standard and Step-by-Step setup, we recommend to go with “I am OK to start” option and get back to the settings after that if needed.
Congratulations, your setup is finished and the integration is ready!
- New transactions will be synchronized automatically by the app within an hour after the sale happened.
- “Ready to Sync/Not Synced” status – means they are not in your accounting yet, and they are to be synchronized manually (select all in bulk – click Sync on the top).
- You can import historical data into Synder as well using Import History tab (left-hand side menu in Synder)
- You can check the results in your Chart of Accounts on the clearing account created by the app (“Stripe Bank Account” for example)
- Synder should account for processing fees, taxes, discounts existing in your Ecwid, bringing item names and customer details for detailed reporting as well.
- Make sure you are synchronizing Payouts (money transfers to the bank account) to have seamless reconciliation