Once you sync a Stripe transaction with the Synder app, you may find it having the wrong customer name in QuickBooks, however, it is easy to fix this with Synder.
The app gives you freedom in choosing the right place in Stripe to take the customer name from, as there are several available on Stripe. Note, you will not be able to change the customer name in Synder, so you need the app to take the right name from your Stripe side. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Synder and click the Gear icon on the top right to open Settings;
- Make sure you are on the Stripe platform settings tab;
- Select the Sales tab of the Settings;
- Drag the name of the field, from which the customer name should be taken, to the top of the list in Customer name search priority.
- Press the Update button at the bottom of the page
Congratulations, you did it!
Now roll back and sync the same transactions again, and check the result on the QuickBooks side:
1. Go to Synder Transactions tab.
2. Select transactions with the wrong customer
3. Press Batch actions -> Rollback
4. Select transactions with the wrong customer (now they will have Deleted status)
5. Press Batch actions -> Sync
- Use the picture below to find out what fields in Settings correspond to what Stripe fields
1 – Shipping address
2 – Card/Payment method
3 – Description
4 – Email
5 – Billing name
6 – Billing email
- Synder checks customer fields in Stripe transaction and compares them with the Display name as a field of the customer on the QuickBooks side
That is it. Now you know how to fix customer name with Synder.