- General settings
Having connected your company and your accounts, you can start customizing your settings. You can always find them by clicking the “Gear” button in the upper right corner of the app:
- Synchronize Automatically – when “ON”, the system will automatically synchronize transactions that come into the app after the setting has been enabled. When “OFF”, you can manually choose transactions to be synced.
Learn more about manual and autosync here.
- Skip synchronization for duplicated transactions – when “ON”, transactions that already exist in your QuickBooks Online company will not be synced again.
- Apply payments to unpaid Invoice/Bill transactions – when “ON”, once the system encounters a payment that matches an unpaid invoice, it will be automatically applied to it.
- Apply location – when “ON” you can select a location from the ones you have in your QuickBooks Online to sync your transactions with the location selected in the drop-down menu.
Check out an additional guide with our recommended way of a setup
- Bank account – a buffer account that QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts and payments will be deposited into. In case you do not have an account with “Stripe” in its name, it will be auto-created in your Chart of Accounts.
- Apply default customer – when “ON”, it assigns a default customer name to all of your transactions. Click on to select a name. Choose from existing ones or type in a custom name.
- Enable QuickBooks Doc Numbers – by enabling this configuration your transactions will follow the standard QuickBooks Doc Number sequence.
- Payment Method – choose a payment method (cash, check, credit card or Stripe) that will be set for QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts, payments and expenses.
- Customer Name search Priority – drag and drop to the top of the list the field where the name of the customer should be taken from. If the name will not be in the field specified on the top of the list, then the app will look at the second specified field and so on.
This setting tab is targeted at new products and services which are created during the synchronization. Product/service type can only be non-inventory or service, because when Synder creates a new product, it does not have an access to its Quantity on hand. Existing inventory products will be properly updated.
The income account specified here will be used for creating new products and services only.
Use “Create additional settings” option only in case you would like to categorize different types of transactions. We recommend to use the same Bank account for Sales and Fees.
- Product/Service type – choose between Non-inventory or Service. This will be used for creating products and services which do not exist in your accounting company.
- Apply default product – when “ON”, it assigns a default product name to all of your transactions. Choose from existing ones under Default Product or type in a custom product name and press enter.
- Get product name from description in the Stripe charge – when “ON”, the app will be searching for a product name in the description of a Stripe charge.
- Income account – choose an account that will be used for creating new products and services which do not exist in your accounting company during the synchronization.
- Product – choose or type in a name to be used if there is no product name to be found in your transaction.
- Apply taxes – when “ON”, the system will search for a matching tax code. In case the system cannot find it, a tax amount will be included in the total sum.
- Apply generic tax code – choose a tax code the app will use for all sales transactions in your payment system whether they are taxable or non-taxable.
- Default tax code – choose a tax code the app will use for all transactions marked as “taxable” in your payment system. The app will find a correct code in most cases, use this setting in case the app cannot find the correct tax code.
*This screen will be slightly different for US and Non-US companies. Check out more details here.
- Bank account – this setting specifies the bank to which the Stripe fees are applied. We recommend to use the same account as in Sales – Bank account.
- Vendor – the app will use this QuickBooks Vendor to store your Stripe fees. Select available, or type in a custom one.
- Category – this setting specifies the category to which the Stripe fees are applied.
This tab allows to track Payouts that Stripe deposits to your checking account. The app will record them in QuickBooks, allowing for a simple matching of your actual deposits from Stripe to payments that you have received in Stripe and synced using our app.
It is matched under For Review tab in the QuickBooks Banking tab.
- Process payouts – when “ON”, the app will track and create deposit receipts reflecting Stripe payouts to your checking account.
- Transfer Funds To – Choose the checking account that you deposit the funds from Stripe to.
You can find how to customize Multiple Currencies here:
Do you have any questions? We would love to hear from you. Send an email to the address specified in the footer of this page.